AOM 2021 Virtual Career Fair
A unique benefit of AOM membership is the opportunity to participate in a full range of Career Services during the height of the hiring season. While AOM offers job postings and coaching year-round, we provide job seekers the chance to meet with employers to informally discuss the job opportunities in a one-on-one format at the Annual Meeting. A number of coaches on hand are ready and excited to guide members and provide assistance, especially while navigating the job market. Our Career Services Committee will host a PDW providing an in-depth look at the job market. Take advantage of these benefits today.
2-3 August 2021
Open House: These unique informational presentations allow job seekers access to institutional representatives who will discuss faculty expectations, teaching loads, tenure process, etc., while allowing job seekers to ask questions one-on-one. These sessions may be pre-recorded with the employer hosting live chats.
4-6 August 2021
Scheduled Interviews and Walk-Ins: Job seekers now have the chance to request an interview in advance or wait to speak with a representative during live chats. Job seekers are strongly encouraged to read each employer's full description prior to the event for the best way to make contact.
How It Works
Using the AOM 2021 Virtual Career Fair site, employers and job seekers will have the ability to connect in live chats during this virtual experience.
If you participated as a job seeker or an employer during our Spring 2021 Virtual Career Fair, you do not need to set up a new account. Simply log in and make account updates as needed.
Job seekers are strongly encouraged to reach out to recruiting teams according to the instructions provided in the employer booth, which you will find in the event lobby.
AOM2021 Annual Meeting registration is not required to participate in this event but we hope you will take advantage of attending the meeting to advance your knowledge and expand your network.
Professional Development Workshop (PDW) (Sunday, 1 August 2021 11 am – 1 pm)
Join the Career Services Committee and our guest panelists in an AOM-led job market interactive workshop. Topics will include the dos and don’ts within the academic job search process and statistics regarding the 2021 academic employment market, followed by a panelist-led discussion addressing the hiring process worldwide and a closing Q&A. This PDW event requires registration with the AOM 2021 Annual Meeting. Other portions of the Virtual Career Fair do not.
Still have questions? Members of the AOM Career Services Committee will have their own virtual coaching room to provide guidance to candidates about the interview process, stage practice interviews, and prepare participants for salary negotiation. Be sure to request a meeting.
How Job Seekers Can Participate
- Post your CV and other application materials.
- Attend employer presentations and ask questions during walk-in times or reach out to employers as noted in the employer booth.
- Continue to view open positions and begin requesting one-on-one interviews.
- Job seekers can create a profile to register for the event.
How Employers Can Participate
- Post your job(s), school logo, videos, or any other marketing material you would like to provide job seekers.
- Host an open house and highlight your institution by providing a space to upload your promo video, offer walk-in chats, and more.
- View job seeker CVs, etc., and begin scheduling interviews.
- Increase your visibility and purchase a Virtual Career Fair Sponsorship Package.
- Contact Wendy Kramer, Career Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See job openings today.
- Still have questions? Members of the AOM Career Services Committee will be available to coach members through the interview process, stage practice interviews, prepare participants for salary negotiation, and many other career-focused topics. Now is the time to connect with your AOM Coach.